Organic and natural fertilizer
Method of composing organic fertilizer (for 1 acre of land)
- 15 Kilo Dung of Desi Cow/ Bull/ Buffallo/ Jersey Cow.
- 15 Litre of Urine of any of the above listed cattles (animals).
- 1 Kilo Jaggery Third type (First type is the one consumed by humans, second type is the one consumed by cattles and this third type is the throw away category and this one is great natural manure)
- 1 Kilo Dal Flour (Lentils) (any one of the Chana, Masoor, Urad, Tur, Moong, Soyabean Dals). Refer link for english names.
- 1 Kilo Soil (The soil should be fetched from near any of the following trees : Banyan Peepal, Mango. The soil near these trees contain higher oxygen content breeding essential bacterias for the fertilizer).
- Take a large plastic container and create a mixture of above listed ingredients.
- Add more cow urine or water if required.
- Cover the container with a cloth and keep the mixture in shadow for 15 to 20 days. During this period the bacterias multiply and thats what makes a excellent fertilizer.
- Stir the mixture every evening and morning.
- After 15/20 days when the mixture is ready, add around 200 litres of water and stir. The liquid organic fertilizer for 1 acre of land is ready.
- Sprinkle the fertilizer on freshly ploughed empty land OR Spray the same using Spray pump by removing the nozzle.
- After 2 days from the day of sprinkle / spray, do the seeding.
- Compose the fertilizer using the above listed procedure and add it to the fields every 21 days until the crop is harvested.
- One important point to follow : Once the crop grows do not sprinkle it on the crop. Rather make sure it is only added to the soil. To do so apply method 4 only. Also note that method 4 is known to be the most productive method to add this fertilizer.
Different methods of applying fertilizers to the soil :
Method 1 : Dry the cow dung, mix it with the fertilizer and make small balls and spread these balls across the field.
Method 2: If you use fireplace for cooking food, then use the ashes to mix it with the fertilizer, make small balls and spread these balls across the field.
Method 3: Mix the soil from the field with fertilizer , make small balls and spread it across the field.
Method 4: During watering, pour the fertilizer in the streamlet (small narrow stream) through which the water flows into the field.
Method of adding the organic fertilizer to (fruit) trees in farms.
At 12 noon, create a circular mark around the tree. This mark should be border of the shadow of the same tree. The roots of a tree are known to spread approximately across till this mark. Now dig a 1 feet wide and 1 feet deep ditch around the tree on this mark. Add the fertilizer in this ditch and fill the ditch with the soil. Apply this method every 21 days. After applying this for 3/4 times, the tree would develop immunity against pests and will remain pest free. Continued application even after the first 3/4 times, the quality (size, weight, taste, colour) of fruits will improve considerably. You may observe doubling of size of fruits in around 1 year.
Creating seeds for seeding
- Add 100 grams of Chuna (lime stone) in water and cool it.
- Add 1 kilo desi cow dung into 1 litre of cow urine and 2/3 litres of water.
- Mix the composition in point 1 and 2
- Soak the seeds in this mixture for a night.
- In the morning, seperate the seeds and dry them under shadow.
- After drying, your seeds are ready to sow. The sapling developed from these seeds will be immune to pests.
Uproot the weeds and lay them on the field. Spray the organic fertilizer listed above and keep the weed to decompose. This will make sure the weeds are permanentely destroyed.
Natural/ Organic pesticides: (for 1 acre of land)
- 15 litre of urine of Desi Cow/ Bull/ Buffallo/ Jersey Cow.
- Paste of leaves of 4/5 types, 2/3 kilo each (Neem, Custard apple leaves, Datura, Besharam leaves and other leaves that cows deny to eat. as a thumb rule, the leaves that cows deny to eat can be used a pesticide).
- 1/2 Kilo Tobacco leaves. Crush it to make paste.
- 1/2 Kilo garlic paste.
- 1/2 Kilo chilly powder.
- Mix the above ingredients in the urine.
- Boil the mixture until it mixes properly.
- Cool the mixture and then squeeze the leaves and remove them from the liquid mixture.
- Sieve the mixture. This remain liquid mixture is your pesticide.
- Mix this pesticide with 200 litres of water and spray it on your crops/trees.
For more details contact :
Bharat Swabhiman Trust,